The GEOTRACES Data Management Committee is pleased to announce the planned release of the fourth Intermediate Data Product (IDP) in November 2025.
Because of the very large number of datasets that are being submitted for the IDP, we encourage submission of your datasets as soon as possible to improve the chances that they are included in the IDP. Please see the flowchart “How to ensure that your data is included in IDP“.
Submission of your datasets requires:
- Registration of the dataset(s) via the Data for Oceanic Research (DOoR) portal (https://geotraces-portal.sedoo.fr/pi).
- Submission of your data using the data and metadata templates downloaded from DOoR to the GEOTRACES Data Assembly Center (GDAC: https://www.bodc.ac.uk/geotraces/) or your national data centre for Chinese, Dutch, French and USA scientists.
- We very strongly recommend that you use the data template that is offered in the DOoR portal to report your data to GDAC or the appropriate data centre.
- *USA scientists: To increase the efficiency of processing your data for IDP2025, we also strongly recommend that you send your data directly to GDAC in addition to BCO-DMO.
- Submission of a complete intercalibration report to the S&I Committee via the DOoR portal (a customized S&I report template can be downloaded from DOoR).
- An example of a complete report is available at: https://www.geotraces.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Report_Example_Shiller.pdf (please note that if the report is not fully completed will not fulfil the requirement).
- We strongly recommend that you submit your S&I reports as soon as possible so that they can be reviewed in time by the S&I!
- Next meeting of the Standards and Intercalibration (S&I) Committee will be held on 21st March 2024.
- Give permission for your data to be included in IDP via the DOoR Portal (https://geotraces-portal.sedoo.fr/pi). If permission is not given your data will not be included in the IDP.
Deadlines for inclusion in next IDP are as follows:
15th May 2024 – First deadline for the submission of datasets to GDAC (or national data centres for US, Dutch and French PIs) using DOoR templates and completed intercalibration reports via DOoR to guarantee inclusion in IDP2025. After this date we cannot guarantee your data will be included.
15th of December 2024 – Final deadline for submission of datasets to GDAC (or national data centres for US, Dutch, French and Chinese PIs) using DOoR templates and the complete intercalibration reports via DOoR.
Processing of data for inclusion in next IDP will prioritise those submitted before the May 15, 2024 deadline and then will prioritise section cruises over process studies over compliant data. Because of the very large number of datasets that are being submitted for IDP, we encourage timely submission ahead of the December 15, 2024 deadline wherever possible.
Bill Landing and Maite Maldonado,
co-chairs of the GEOTRACES Data Management Committee