- This event has passed.
OCB Summer Workshop
June 4 – June 24
Registration is free and open to all. If you are interested in attending part or all of the OCB workshop, you must register in order to receive connection information for the virtual sessions. Connection information will be sent out a few days before each session. Please register by June 1.
GEOTRACES will be present at the OCB Networking sessions:
- Monday, June 7 from 3:30-5:00 pm EDT – Catherine Jeandel and Elena Masferrer (GEOTRACES IPO)
- Tuesday, June 15 from 12:30-1:30 pm EDT – Maite Maldonado, Bob Anderson and Elena Masferrer
- Tuesday, June 22 from 4:45-5:30 pm EDT – Catherine Jeandel and Bob Anderson.
OCB2021 plenary topics:
- Bridging the divide between ocean biology and geochemistry (Chairs: Dreux Chappell, Adam Martiny, Patrick Rafter)
- Optical biogeochemistry: Above and below the waterline (Chairs: Amy Maas, Seth Bushinsky, Maria Tzortziou)
- Ocean-based negative emissions technologies (Chairs: Lennart Bach, Jaime Palter, Clare Reimers, Patrick Rafter)
- Ocean Worlds (Chairs: Laura Lorenzoni, Chris German, Alison Murray, Ashley Kleinman, Paula Bontempi, Adam Martiny)
- Opportunities and Challenges in Ecological Forecasting (Chairs: Victoria Coles, Marjorie Friedrichs, Charlie Stock, Susanne Menden-Deuer, Raleigh Hood)
OCB will kick off with a virtual early career mixer on June 4. Virtual partial day OCB sessions are tentatively planned for June 7, 11, 15, 18, 22, and 24. In addition to plenary sessions, OCB 2021 will include targeted community discussions on OCB-relevant topics, OCB activity updates, early career and agency program manager networking events, virtual poster sessions, and more!