11 January - 8 March 2021, SWINGS section cruise (GS02), South West Indian Ocean.
14 April - 24 April 2021, SOTS Process Study (GIpr08), Southern Ocean.
7 July - 17 August 2021, MetalGate Process Study (GApr16), North Atlantic Ocean and seas around Iceland.
- Upcoming GEOTRACES or GEOTRACES-related events:
4 March 2021, Fukushima Dai-ichi and the Ocean: 10 years of study and insight, virtual meeting. The registration is open and free to all.
16 June 2021, 2021 European Conference of Aix-Marseille University: Protect our oceans, the challenge of Europe's global leadership, Brussels, Belgium.
22-27 June 2021, ASLO 2021, virtual meeting. Check the list of GEOTRACES and related sessions.
4-9 July 2021, Goldschmidt 2021, virtual meeting. Check the list of GEOTRACES and related sessions.
17-23 July 2021, Gordon Research Conference (GRC) and Seminar (GRS) on Chemical Oceanography, Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, NH, US.
26-30 July 2021, Iron at the Air-Sea Interface Workshop, Asheville, NC, USA. Register before 1st April 2021. Workshop co-sponsored by GEOTRACES and SOLAS!
Access the GEOTRACES Calendar
- Browning, T. J., Achterberg, E. P., Engel, A., & Mawji, E. (2021). Manganese co-limitation of phytoplankton growth and major nutrient drawdown in the Southern Ocean. Nature Communications, 12(1), 884. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-021-21122-6
- Cliff, E., Khatiwala, S., & Schmittner, A. (2021). Glacial deep ocean deoxygenation driven by biologically mediated air–sea disequilibrium. Nature Geoscience, 14(1), 43–50. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41561-020-00667-z
- He, Y., & Mason, R. P. (2021). Comparison of reactive gaseous mercury measured by KCl-coated denuders and cation exchange membranes during the Pacific GEOTRACES GP15 expedition. Atmospheric Environment, 244, 117973. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/J.ATMOSENV.2020.117973
- Meyer, A. C. S., Grundle, D., & Cullen, J. T. (2021). Selective uptake of rare earth elements in marine systems as an indicator of and control on aerobic bacterial methanotrophy. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 558, 116756. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/J.EPSL.2021.116756
- Pinedo-González, P., Anderson, R. F., Vivancos, S. M., Pavia, F. J., & Fleisher, M. Q. (2021). A new method to extract 232Th, 230Th and 231Pa from seawater using a bulk-extraction technique with Nobias PA-1 chelating resin. Talanta, 223, 121734. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/J.TALANTA.2020.121734
- Twining, B. S., Antipova, O., Chappell, P. D., Cohen, N. R., Jacquot, J. E., Mann, E. L., Marchetti, A., Ohnemus, D. C., Rauschenberg, S.,Tagliabue, A. (2020). Taxonomic and nutrient controls on phytoplankton iron quotas in the ocean. Limnology and Oceanography Letters, lol2.10179. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/lol2.10179
- Zhao, M., Tarhan, L. G., Zhang, Y., Hood, A., Asael, D., Reid, R. P., & Planavsky, N. J. (2021). Evaluation of shallow-water carbonates as a seawater zinc isotope archive. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 553, 116599. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/J.EPSL.2020.116599
Access the GEOTRACES Publication Database