A postdoctoral position is available at the Centre Scientifique de Monaco (CSM). The CSM is a public Monegasque research centre, known both nationally and internationally for coral reef and cancer research. The CSM is divided into three departments dedicated to studying how organisms function in order to gain a better understanding of the effects of environmental stress or discover therapeutic treatments. It benefits from several research facilities nearby.
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE IN CORAL ECOPHYSIOLOGY
• A position is available for an outstanding postdoctoral researcher with a background on coral ecophysiology-isotope ecology-tissue and trace metal composition in relation to biological response, in order to understand how corals respond to environmental changes and to a range of stressors.
• The successful candidate will work with the Ecophysiology team of the Scientific Center of Monaco (4 researchers, 2 PhD students, 2 technicians and 1 engineer) and with Dr. Dario Omanovic, Ruđer Bošković Institute, Center for Marine and Environmental Research, Zagreb.
• He/she will have access to a range of equipment, including facilities for stable isotope analysis, HPLC, coral cultures and aquaria with running seawater for manipulative experiments.
We are looking for a highly motivated Postdoctoral researcher. The candidate will be expected to contribute to existing projects in the lab, and develop and lead independent projects, in collaboration with other lab members. The main requirements are:
• A PhD from a recognised university in biology, ecology or oceanography, preferably with focus on corals, a background in marine trace metal speciation/biogeochemistry and statistical data analysis.
• Well-developed laboratory skills, including clean sampling and sample preparation of seawater and biological material.
• Proficient in sample analysis and data interpretation, and with proven ability to independently write and publish research papers in international peer reviewed journals.
• Preferentially have hands-on skills for the work with ICP-MS.
• Proficiency in English at a high level.
• Ability to work independently and solve problems in the field and laboratory.
• The position is currently funded for 1 year, and may be extended for 1-2 years depending on performance.
• The net salary is 2 963 euros, including health insurance and pension.
• Position starts in January 2023.
So, if you are interested, please send, preferably in a PDF document : CV, cover letter (maximum 2 pages), outlining your research interests related to the research topics of the lab, your suitability for the position, the contact details for three (3) professional referees, an outline of the research project(s) you would like to develop in the lab (maximum 1-3 pages), to Giovanna Nataloni (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application deadline is October 30, 2022 and the final decision will be made in mid or end of November.
For more information, contact Christine Ferrier-Pagès (email@example.com).