15th International Symposium on the Interactions between Sediments and Water (IASWS)
September 7 - September 10
The 15th International Symposium on the Interactions between Sediments and Water (IASWS) will be held in Portorož, Slovenia, September 7 – 10, 2020. The deadline for abstract submission is 15 May 2020.
Over the last fifty years, the Gulf of Trieste in the northern Adriatic Sea has been the subject of intensive marine biogeochemical investigations, including sediments, making it a scientifically relevant site for an IASWS meeting, whose general objectives are:
– To promote, encourage and recognize excellence in scientific research related to sediments and their interactions with water and biota in fluvial, lacustrine and marine systems and with particular reference to problems of environmental concern; and
– To bring together and foster collaborative research and dialogue between earth scientists, biologists, chemists and environmental engineers whose interests pertain to sediment-water interactions in all aquatic systems.
The symposium consists of five themes, which integrate a number of disciplines, and are inclusive of a wide range of research environments:
– Source, Fate and Effect of Sediments in Freshwater and Marine Ecosystems
– Modelling the Movement of Aquatic Sediments
– Sediment-associated Nutrient and Contaminant Processes
– Assessing and/or Restoring Disturbed Catchments
– Biogenic Influences on Sediment-water Interactions from the Micro to Macro Scale