The Department of Geography and Environment at Bar-Ilan University invites applications for a tenure track position in the field of Earth Sciences.
We are seeking outstanding applicants who hold a PhD in Earth Sciences or Physical Geography. The candidate should have a proven record of research and academic publications in the relevant field and preferably at least two years of postdoctoral experience. Preference will be given to candidates specializing in geomorphology or hydrology. Experience with geographical information systems (GIS) is advantageous. The candidate will be expected to teach introductory and advanced courses, supervise graduate students, submit research proposals to highly ranked, competitive foundations and conduct an active program of extramural research. The language of instruction is Hebrew. The appointment will commence in October 2021.
Applications will be considered according to the university’s appointment procedures. Rank will be commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications.
The deadline for submitting applications is Sept 20, 2020.
The application materials should include the following:
• A letter of intent to teach in the department of Geography and Environment from October 2021
• CV including a ranked list of publications (impact factor, journal ranking in the relevant field, and number of citations)
• Copies of four publications
• A short academic biography and an outline of future research plans
• A brief description of courses the candidate could teach
• Names and contact information of three professional referees.
Application materials should be sent electronically to:
Dr. Orit Rotem, Chair, Department of Geography and Environment, Orit.Rotem@biu.ac.il
Information about the Department of Geography and Environment and the Earth Sciences program can be found at: http://geoenv.biu.ac.il/