SCOR is now receiving applications for the 2021 Visiting Scholar program.
For more than a decade, SCOR has supported Ph.D. level ocean scientists from developed and developing countries to teach short courses and provide extended on-site education and mentorship at developing country institutions.
Applications will be reviewed by the SCOR Committee on Capacity Building based on the following criteria:
- Quality and relevance of the proposal focusing on knowledge exchange and mentoring
- A detailed plan for the visit
- Experience of the candidate and fit with the program (language skills, teaching/mentoring experience, subject areas requested by the institution)
- Needs of the host institution
- Plans by the host institution to build upon the training received
More information about the call and the application form can be found here.
Deadline for applications: 1st December 2020